On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 01:39:29PM -0700, Marco S Hyman wrote:

>  > > ldconfig -SP /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin
> /usr/X11R6/bin
>  >
>  > Just tried the sequence - can't see any difference, unfortunately.
>
> Not suprising as the firefox binary is not in any of the given
> paths.

Yes, you're right... :-O  didn't check, that "which firefox" returns just
the location of startup script.

But including its "own" sub-dir wasn't helpful neither; several "failed to
load" errors. I'm afraid, one has to wait a little(?) for something a'la
NetBSD's RelCache.
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski