On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  fwB's slave carp interfaces notice the "watchdev" going down and
>  go to master. great, now we have two masters. as I have had such a
>  split brain config in the fast (due to a switch misconfiguration) I can
>  tell you - that is not fun. really.

I didn't suggest that when the "watchdev" interface goes down that the
carp interface would immediately switch to MASTER, but that it could
lower the timeout in waiting for an advertisement from the current
master.

>  not worth it. q. e. d.
>  :)

Probably not.  I've never had problems with carp's fallover time and
I've never used a Cisco firewall so I don't really know how it
actually compares.  I just wanted to suggest a maybe-solution assuming
the supposed slow failover time was a problem.