* Matthew Dempsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-04-11 18:14]:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  fwB's slave carp interfaces notice the "watchdev" going down and
> >  go to master. great, now we have two masters. as I have had such a
> >  split brain config in the fast (due to a switch misconfiguration) I can
> >  tell you - that is not fun. really.
>
> I didn't suggest that when the "watchdev" interface goes down that the
> carp interface would immediately switch to MASTER, but that it could
> lower the timeout in waiting for an advertisement from the current
> master.

lower to what? less than the partner's advskew? then it IS master.
slightly more than partner's advskew? well, yo don't know partner's
adbskew, and you don't know wether there is another system with an
advskew highter than the current master's one but lower than yours.

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de