15 April 2008 c. 19:36:41 joshua stein wrote:
> > - Pen doesn't work at all. Windows say it's connected to the LPC
> > chip mentioned above. Does this mean that I have to write a driver
> > for it (and modify wscons framework to support touch strength, and
> > then modify Xorg wscons driver, BTW removing usbtablet(4))? Looks
> > like nice effort for me, but'll take a lot of time...
>
> if it's like my x61 tablet, it's a serial wacom tablet and it's just
> on a non-standard irq and address so you have to tell the kernel
> where to probe for pccom0.
>
> 'config -e' your kernel, 'change pccom0', set the irq to 5 and port
> to 0x200.
>
> and it should attach pccom0.  you'll need the "linux" wacom driver
> for xorg compiled without usb stuff:
>
> http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/
>
> > - Buttons near display (are actual in the tablet mode) do not work
> > either. Windows says they're connected in parallel to pen device.
>
> they were working fine for me on my x61.  they generate keycodes you
> can see by running xev.  i made them send normal keys with xmodmap:
>
>     ! little button that can only be pressed with the tip of the pen
>     !keycode 198 =
>     ! screen rotation key
>     !keycode 204 =
>     ! whatever that button is to the right of rotate
>     !keycode 199 =
>
>     keycode 203 = Escape
>
>     ! d-pad arrows and center
>     keycode 209 = Up
>     keycode 206 = Left
>     keycode 205 = Right
>     keycode 207 = Down
>     keycode 200 = Return
>
> i eventually setup something to respond to keycode 204 and call a
> script that ran 'xrandr' to rotate the display.
>
> > - FireWire and finger scanner are not supported and do not work
> > either. BTW, does anyone have any docs for the last one (see dmesg
> > for more info)?
>
> finger scanner is working, it's your ugen0 device.  fprint works
> just fine with it:
>
> http://reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Main_Page
>
> i have more info on the x61 tablet at http://lowerca.se/laptops/

Thank you, thanks, thanks, thanks!

I'll try to rewrite existing tablet input driver, but do not now when
I'll have enough time for that. Key are visible in xev(1), so whis is
not a problem now...

And cool info on your site is there, too.

Thank you again for your answer, now it's time to hack :)

--
  Best wishes,
    Vadim Zhukov