> Samba is part of ports already, so the eventual improvements that come
> as the result of having won the lawsuit and appeal will also be usable
> with OpenBSD.  So if you know someone with a Windows server, you might
> steer them to ports:
>
>       samba-3.0.25b
>       samba-3.0.25b-cups
>       samba-3.0.25b-cups-ldap
>       samba-3.0.25b-ldap
>       samba-docs-3.0.25b
>       smbldap-tools-0.9.2ap1
>
> It is a step in helping them migrate to open services and protocols.
> You might find it more useful to know that AFS is supported more or less
> out of the box, as well as kerberos.  LDAP can be added.

I'm sorry for not pointing out the intention of my mail more crefully.

The e-mail wich may is helpfull for programmers who might wish to program
daemons/tools to interact with Windows (Authentication or such things) was
send out to provide everybody who's interested into such things a little
overview. :)

Nothing more or less!

So if you think it would be handy if you could remotely shutdown your
whole network from the Firewall you may could code the daemon right now
'course the protocol itself is not "patented".
Or maybe somebody codes a login_ntlm or anything else. Who knows :)

There things wich are not "just" usefull for samba and where some
programers (not just for OpenBSD maybe) are maybe interested into. :)

Kind regards,
Sebastian