<snip>

>  So if you think it would be handy if you could remotely shutdown your
>  whole network from the Firewall you may could code the daemon right now
>  'course the protocol itself is not "patented".

<snip>

Probably the windows machines lying on the network are already
shutting down to apply hourly security fixes.

This argument about "integration" with MS code is leading OpenBSD to
nowhere, IMO.

I like pf, I like the developers decision for "correctness", and I like the
way engineers and coders created and enhanced UNIX.

Why to mess something that's working properly for 20+ years for
the sake of integration?

If MS had a minimal interest on integration, they should have read
implemented POSIX in a useful manner on their OS at least one
decade ago.

Now, all I can say is MS can keep its code for itself. My choice is clear.