On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 08:19:24AM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
> He is eluding to things like smart tabs and auto indent.  Those are
> disabled by default on vim and when programming they are both a curse and
> a gift from the gods.  I'll admit to having spend more than a few
> minutes fine tuning that.
>
> I am an old vi rat that finally caved to vim for several reasons.
> Let me mention just a few:
>   * ctrl-p (autocomplete of a word)
>   * ctrl-v (visual blocks)
>   * split

nvi does that: :E (instead of :e), :N (:n), etc start in a new window,
^w to switch.

>   * spelling check
>   * tab complete commands and filenames in command mode
not necesserily tab, but again, there's an option for that.

Just for the record...
-0-
--
The years of peak mental activity are undoubtedly between the ages of
four and eighteen.  At four we know all the questions, at eighteen all