Hello,

I hope this is not a FAQ, but my homework so far (which includes reading
the FAQ and the installation guide as well as "just" Googling) hasn't
provided an answer.

Are there any means of encrypting filesystems other than using cryptfs
plus vnode? As far as I could find out, the latter imposes a size limit
of roughly 8GB which is acceptable for most partitions but not all of
them.

For example, I recently installed the most recent version of Slackware
Linux on a laptop (don't blame me, it's what the owner wanted) and I
was able to have everything except /boot encrypted, including system
partitions such as /, without any size limits other than that of the
fstype itself.

Thanks in advance,

Alphons

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
If you want to experience the element, get out of the vehicle.