Hey,

        I just picked up a IBM Thinkpad T61p.

After looking around for about a month and comparing the following:

- cost
- battery life
- compatibility with Linux / BSD

I had it narrowed down to the IBM Lenovo or a Mac.

The IBM model was cheaper and had support for dual monitors via a docking station. I currently have dual LCD's.

Plus the T series seems to be a more durable machine, spec wise the Mac was going to cost another $1000 to match in spec.

Michael

Ed Ahlsen-Girard wrote:
I'm curious as to the 'modal' laptop that the developers use - that would
probably be a good steer for what to buy.

-- Ed Ahlsen-Girard

--
Michael Gale

Red Hat Certified Engineer