On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:35:17AM +0200, Pieter Verberne wrote:
| I want to compare as many as possible things. For example:
| CPU, memory, HD, audiocard, speakers, optical drive, OS, warranty, GPU,
| case-material, webcam, tracking devices, fingerprint, keyboard layout,
| NIC, size, weight, accu (durability) etc etc.

And by 'accu' Pieter does not mean the Association of C and C++ Users
but battery (nl(accu) == en(battery)).

| I'm not experienced with databases at all, but I like to create content.
| First I want to discuss what datamodel we are going to us. And would it
| be possible to create such a database via CVS?

No offense, but such initiatives are usually met with little
enthusiasm. Actions and words, and all that jazz. My advice would be
to just do it and announce it and see if it's popular. Don't debate it
in a committee and end up with nothing.

By the way, there already is http://www.openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html
with some details on different laptops.

Cheers,