On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 04:01:57PM -0700, Predrag Punosevac wrote:

> The demise of his qmail is a wonderful example of interesting project which
> died because of the bad "licence". I know that lots of people here like his
> djbdns but just imagine what could have happened with his projects if they
> were released under BSD license.

I started using OpenBSD in version 2.7 in order to run qmail and djbdns
due to DJB's suggestion, and have not found any reason to regret either
choice.  His weird ideas about "licensing" as well as hier (7) made it
impossible to keep his stuff in ports, but it is by no means dead.

Unfortunately, BSD licensing would never work for a part-time amateur
programmer who insisted on total control.  (But you know how crazy those
mathematicians are. :-)