Said individual would have to be able to prove he originally made the
content available. I guess this could theoretically be possible ie if
server logs verify it or something along those lines. Things to
consider:

1. If said individual posted code anonymously, wouldn't that indicate
they would like to remain anonymous?

I think the court would also question why he posted the code
anonymously and his "proof" would certainly come under some scrutiny.
Comrade Ringo Kamens