On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:16:59PM -0700, Aaron Stellman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 07:55:23AM +0200, Bj??rn Ketelaars wrote:
> > viq wrote:
> > > Sorry for the "carpet bombing", I grabbed the list of people who I saw
> > > report problems with rtorrent.
> > >
> > > I'm writing to ask those who had problems with rtorrent try it again
> > > with newest snapshots, I was not able to reproduce the problem on a
> > > box that used to freeze. Please test and report, maybe Otto just fixed
> > > another obscure bug ;)
> > >

> > I'm experiencing the same. Rtorrent is working without taking down the
> > complete system. It seems that Arthur Grabowski's work [1] paid of.

<...>
> I used to use rtorrent until it started to freeze the whole system
> so that I was able to ping it, but no userland worked. The box
> became unreachable, which wasn't easy to debug

  that sounds like very similar if not precisely the same effects of
  the pagedaemon thing.   i was on jun.30 snapshots and also maybe jul.2
  snapshots and was still getting my ass bit by the pagedaemon thing;
  right now i'm on jul.11th snapshots for 2d and things are seeming
  to be still OK.

  that's all orthogonal to what torrent client does what, but fwiw...

--

  jared