On July 14, 2008 08:16:08 pm Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
> Stuart Henderson escreveu:
> > On 2008-07-14, Charlie Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I have noticed that you are unable to view the currently loaded options
> >> for pf using pfctl, even 'pfctl -sa' doesn't show the options eg. set
> >> skip on tun0.
> >
> > Some of the "set" options aren't directly passed to PF, they're
> > just used in pfctl. Others are available from various modifiers to
> > pfctl -s, e.g. for skip rules:
> >
> >              -s Interfaces  Show the list of interfaces and interface
> > drivers available to PF.  When used together with -v, it additionally
> > lists which interfaces have skip rules activated.  When used together
> > with -vv, in- terface statistics are also shown.  -i can be used to
> > select an interface or a group of interfaces.
>
> Another RTFM thread. I think there should be more emphasis about how
> good and complete openbsd doc is, on the download page of the site, to
> avoid this kind of thread.
>
> My regards,

Well, first of all let me say that your past replies about ifstated and
queuing and some of other threads you responded to were helpful to me. I am
glad you did not ask the OP to RTFM during those conversations.

I agree with you that OpenBSD man pages (and FAQ and style and mdoc and a
whole lot of stuff) are excellent but a message like the one that Stuart
Henderson sent helps that person out and probably encourages everyone to read
the docs more thoroughly. For me, reading Stuart's replies on various topics
in the archives (and his replies to some of my questions posted to misc@)
have pointed me in the right direction on what to read and where to look and
has been very valuable.

So really hope he and you and others continue to help out people whenever
possible and not ask them to RTFM.

--
Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited