Vijay Sankar escreveu:
> On July 14, 2008 08:16:08 pm Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
>
>> Stuart Henderson escreveu:

>>> Some of the "set" options aren't directly passed to PF, they're
>>> just used in pfctl. Others are available from various modifiers to
>>> pfctl -s, e.g. for skip rules:
>>>
>>>              -s Interfaces  Show the list of interfaces and interface
>>> drivers available to PF.  When used together with -v, it additionally
>>> lists which interfaces have skip rules activated.  When used together
>>> with -vv, in- terface statistics are also shown.  -i can be used to
>>> select an interface or a group of interfaces.
>>>
>> Another RTFM thread. I think there should be more emphasis about how
>> good and complete openbsd doc is, on the download page of the site, to
>> avoid this kind of thread.
>>
>> My regards,
>>

> Well, first of all let me say that your past replies about ifstated and
> queuing and some of other threads you responded to were helpful to me. I am
> glad you did not ask the OP to RTFM during those conversations.
>
> I agree with you that OpenBSD man pages (and FAQ and style and mdoc and a
> whole lot of stuff) are excellent but a message like the one that Stuart
> Henderson sent helps that person out and probably encourages everyone to read
> the docs more thoroughly. For me, reading Stuart's replies on various topics
> in the archives (and his replies to some of my questions posted to misc@)
> have pointed me in the right direction on what to read and where to look and
> has been very valuable.
>
> So really hope he and you and others continue to help out people whenever
> possible and not ask them to RTFM.

Please, don't misinterpret me. I like to help people, like many others
here. But, i think that should be a mantra for every a admin: "Read the
manual, before you ask.". I wasn't talking specifically about you, but
in general. OpenBSD has a so good documentation, that people doesn't
always use. I think that is much easier read the docs than asking in the
list. But, i see this behavior in every list i sign, so it's not openbsd
specific. I was just saying that there should be more emphasis about how
good the doc is. I know that faq says this, i know that there the
marvelous intro man pages. And there is some warnings on the mailing
list page telling you to RTFM. But people just don't get it. Sorry for
my aggressive response, i apology.

My regards,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini