Ted Unangst wrote:

> On 7/15/08, L. V. Lammert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No, I'm sending an email to misc when a package depends on
> X that should
> >  **NOT** depend on X. That's what's broken, obviously, if
> you're saying I
> >  should be installing X on a production server. NOT.
>
> tar zxf X
> pkg_add crap
> rm -r /usr/X11R6

Lovely.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you install X but answer
"no" to the question about intending to RUN X?

Seems like if a package has any kind of GUI helper/configurator
thingee then it has a legitimate requirement for something in X.

Does installing X on a production server require that you
RUN X on that server?