Well, i agree with Razzolini.

Because the Linux problem is a "core" problem. It compromisse the whole system.

Rcmp

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul de Weerd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Giancarlo Razzolini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Denis Doroshenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "misc" <misc@openbsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: This is what Linus Torvalds calls openBSD crowd

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 03:45:23PM -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
| I took the care of reading all the thread. The guy is just asking linus
| why the policy about security bugs isn't being followed. Linus replies
| him telling that he do not want script kiddies to exploit the bugs. He
| even says that security bugs are "normal" bugs. I think that linus
| doesn't even know what full disclosure is. It's a shame for me, a linux
| and openbsd user, to see the linux kernel main developer, saying things
| like that. I think i might migrate my desktop machine to openbsd now.

I'd suggest you rethink your reasons for changing OS. If you want to
switch from Linux to OpenBSD (or vice versa, for all I care), please
make sure there's sound technical reasons for it. "The main guy said
something stupid" does not a bad product make.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

--
                http://www.weirdnet.nl/