On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:00:09 +0200
Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Duncan Patton a Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-07-23 21:28]:
> > Howdy List?
> >
> > According to the man page on pfctl
> >
> > "
> >      -m      Merge in explicitly given options without resetting those which
>                                          ^^^^^^^
> >              are omitted.  Allows single options to be modified without dis-
> >              turbing the others:
> >
> >                    # echo "set loginterface fxp0" | pfctl -mf -
> > "
> >
> > using the -m parm should allow allow a rule to be merged into the current
> > set,
>                                          ^^^^

Ok, so I go

echo 'pass out on vr0 proto esp all keep state' | pfctl -mf -
pfctl -a '*' -sr
pass out on vr0 proto esp all keep state

so all my previous rules are still gone.

And
echo 'pass out on vr0 proto esp all keep state' | pfctl -mf /etc/pf/pf.conf
pfctl -a '*' -sr
pass out on vr0 proto esp all keep state

which means that the file load is done over top of the echo input and erases it.

Dhu