On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:38:40PM +0200, openbsd misc wrote:
| Hehe, I knew I'll get this reply. ;-) The question was which configuration is
| active, not what will be activated by pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf, that's the
| difference.
| I think that could help some people in multi-admin environments ;-)

If you can't organize a proper way to keep loaded rules and rulefile
in sync, you may want to have a talk with the other admins.

Given that, you may want to create a script that does exactly what you
want. It's OpenBSD. It's open source, the tools are there, you can see
how this stuff works, you know what you want - create what you need by
yourself. A simple script that copies your pf.conf to
/var/whatever/last.loaded is just a few keystrokes away.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

| Regards
|   Hagen Volpers
|

| > -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----

| > |
| > | interessting point. How about dumping it to a file or
| > something so you are
| > | able to check what was loaded last time (e.g. a file with 400 under
| > | /var/whatever)?
| >
| > GREAT IDEA !
| >
| > How about /etc/pf.conf ?
| >
| > Cheers !