Then, if this is still
such a big issue, you can write some scripts that will give you
something along the lines of Junipers 'commit confirmed' .. you first
enable a ruleset which will be automatically reverted in 5 or 10 (or
however many you like) minutes. Then, if you don't lock yourself out,
and your changes look good, you stop the revert from happening (ie,
you 'commit confirmed').
I have, this is the script I am talking about, I want to know how to make the script know about option changes, eg. block policy, state policy and skip options.
I wonder .. what would you do if that same admin that locked himself
out did an accidental halt or rm -rf / ? Surely you have a means to
fix that ? Why is the firewall so special ?
I have, the root is mounted readonly, and halt is not possible :)

--

Charlie Clark
Network Engineer

Lemon Computing Ltd
Unit 9
26-28 Priests Bridge
London
SW14 8TA
UK

Tel: +44 208 878 2138
Fax: +44 208 878 2163
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Site: http://www.lemon-computing.com/

Lemon Computing is a limited company registered in England & Wales under
Company No. 03697052