On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Louis V. Lambrecht escreveu:
> > Hannah Schroeter wrote:
> >> Hi!

> >> Is your keyboard an USB one? I observe the same with an USB keyboard.
> >>
> >> - keyboard.encoding=us.swapctrlcaps has no effect (in
> >>   /etc/wsconsctl.conf)
> >> - The keyboard doesn't work at all in the kernel (e.g. boot -a -> no
> >>   way to continue) It works before, i.e. up to and including the boot>
> >>   prompt, and then again when init starts.
> >>
> >> This is a box that has *no* PS/2 connectors any more.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >>
> >> Hannah.
> >>

> > wsconsctl (8) man sez
> > /etc/wsconsctl.conf                 a list of parameters that get set at
> >                                         system startup time from rc(8)
> >
> > startup time: reboot?
> >

> There is no need to reboot:
>
> KBD(8)                  OpenBSD System Manager's Manual
> KBD(8)
>
> NAME
>     kbd - set national keyboard translation
>
> SYNOPSIS
>     kbd -l
>     kbd [-q] name
>
> DESCRIPTION
>     kbd is used to change the keyboard encoding.  The execution of kbd nor-
>     mally occurs in the system multi-user initialization file /etc/rc
> to set
>     a national keyboard layout.
>
>     If called as kbd -l, all available keyboard encodings are listed.
>
>     If called as kbd name, the keyboard encoding will be set to name and a
>     short message will be printed to stdout.  If the -q flag is
> present, kbd
>     will be quiet unless an error occurs.
>
> OpenBSD 4.3                      May 31,
> 2007                                1
>

> --
> Giancarlo Razzolini
> http://lock.razzolini.adm.br
> Linux User 172199
> Red Hat Certified Engineer no:804006389722501
> Verify:https://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/current/
> Moleque Sem Conteudo Numero #002
> OpenBSD Stable
> Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
> 4386 2A6F FFD4 4D5F 5842  6EA0 7ABE BBAB 9C0E 6B85

tried that too before wsconsctl but the same effect! I get a message saying
that chande to 'de' encoding but when trying in the keyboard, the US layout
still applies!

I have to say that I'm via ssh/xterm to the box. I don't know if this makes
a difference?

Thanks