Hi!

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 07:30:35PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>Hannah Schroeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Is your keyboard an USB one? I observe the same with an USB keyboard.

>> - keyboard.encoding=us.swapctrlcaps has no effect (in
>>   /etc/wsconsctl.conf)

>These settings only affect the _first_ keyboard in the system
>(wskbd0).  Unfortunately, for a PC that is usually the PS/2 keyboard,
>even if none is plugged in.

>> This is a box that has *no* PS/2 connectors any more.

>But it still has a PS/2 keyboard controller.  Check your dmesg.  It
>probably includes something like this:

>pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
>pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
>pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
>wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0

You're right:

$ grep pckb /var/run/dmesg.boot
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
$

That's quite unfortunate though if you can't affect the non-X11 keyboard
mapping of secondary keyboards at all.

(And btw, in X11, somehow the setup of the keyboard mapping from
/etc/X11/xorg.conf is delayed, since about mid-December 2007. Before,
the mapping from there, and from a few xmodmap settings loaded in
.xinitrc, took effect immediately when X was up from startx, now it
takes quite some time, perhaps half a minute or so, for them to take
effect. Related to X11 privsep changes? Later changes using setxkbmap
take effect immediately, btw.)

Kind regards,

Hannah.