dermiste <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) from curry, I try to ping6 debruijn, but it says host unreachable
> 2) from debruijn, I try to ping6 curry, and it works.
> 3) from curry, I try to ping6 debruijn, and it works.

This is very typical of multicast reception failing on one box
(debruijn in your case).

At step 1, curry sends a neighor solicitation message by multicast,
so it can map the IPv6 address to the link layer address, but
debruijn doesn't see the packet and fails to respond.  At step 2,
everything works in the opposite direction, and debruijn caches
curry's address and proceeds to use it in step 3.

Link-local v6 addresses also work fine because they don't involve
neighbor discovery.

> I tcpdump'ed hme0, vlan0 and bridge0 during curry boot, and the
> packets flow through all 3, showing DHCP on vlan1 and rtadv on vlan0 +
> bridge0.

Hmm.  The router solicitation message curry sends is also a multicast
packet.  You might want to track its way.

> I really can't see what's wrong with my setup, clues anyone ?

Not sure.  What happens if you put an IPv6 address on debruijn's
vlan0 interface and try to ping6 that address?

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]