--- thacrazze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I put the openbsd.pbr to C: and made an entry in the
> C:/boot.ini
>
> After a reboot I can select the OpenBSD boot entry,
> but it doesn't starts
> I get only a black screen with some cryptical
> characters/symbols
>
> Then I testet in Windows "BootPart", which was
> recommended in the FAQ
> and that says:
>
> Physical numer of disk 0 : 33fa33f9
>  0 : C:* type=7 <HPFS/NTFS>, size=10241406 KB, Lba
> Pos=63
>  1: C:   type=a6 , size= 21213832 KB, Lba
> Pos=20482875
>
> Can someone help me how to start OpenBSD correctly?

OpenBSD partition must be active (flag) and try using
GAG software.

http://gag.sourceforge.net

I'm using OpenBSD 4.4 Beta and XP together.

Regards.

> --thacrazze
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:30 AM, thacrazze
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks! That works!
> >
> > --thacrazze

> this I used the FAQ
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Multibooting,
> but when I run the
> installboot: not found" and
> of=openbsd.pbr bs=512 count=1" I get

> without thinking.
> but "installboot" is
> second, you need to figure
> included dmesg,
> wd.
> >>>

> >> "Note: this is a really good time to remind you
> that blindly typing
> >> commands in you don't understand is a really bad
> idea. This line will
> >> not work directly on most computers. It is left
> to the reader to adapt
> >> it to their machine."
> >>
> >> from:
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Multibooting
> >>
> >> try: dd if=/dev/rwd0a of=openbsd.pbr bs=512
> count=1

---
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the
new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Francisco Valladolid Hdez.
http://blog.bsdguy.net - http://flickr.com/photos/sigueme/