Hi,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Nick Guenther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> something like this script:
> #!/bin/sh
> #net.sh #change name as desired
> IF=ath0
> ln -sf /etc/wifi/$1 /etc/hostname.${IF}
> sudo sh /etc/netstart
>
> and call it as
> $net home

I have a similar approach, but its not great.

Perhaps some form of daemon would be good to have to perform this task
on the user's behalf. Solaris has a similar thing called nwamd.

I still have problems switching between wireless networks and switch
from wireless to wired etc with iwi. This area confuses me a lot and I
have now started just rebooting if I need to switch from wifi to
cable.

Sometimes switch from 1 wifi net to another can be done if you take
the interface down, followed by a scan, then try connecting. Sometimes
i just get 'link down...'.

--

Best Regards

Edd