--- johan beisser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2008, at 12:48 PM, Vadim Zhukov wrote:
> >
> > ifstated(8) + ifconfig(8) (see "-M" option of
> ifconfig)?
>
> Interestingly, I had a script that would use
> "ifconfig -M" to figure
> out which AP it should use, sorted by rank (first
> match) and avoiding
> using generic or brand names. No match, and it would
> go to the
> strongest signal (default wifi behavior).
>
> I kind of wonder if that script is still around now.

Cool the -M switch is very fine to do a complete
script for doing it, aditionally using the form found
in the Undeadly post.

Regards.

---
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the
new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Francisco Valladolid Hdez.
http://blog.bsdguy.net - http://flickr.com/photos/sigueme/