On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:00 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've searched the FAQ and the Web for any guidance on what the minimum RAM
> is for OpenBSD, with and without X.
>
> I just acquired a Compaq Armada 1125 laptop that maxes out at 24 MB of
> RAM, and I'm wondering whether or not it's feasible to run OpenBSD on it.

My router for several years was an IBM "PS/2E", model 9533 with a
50MHz 486 SLC2 + 25MHz 387SX FPU(not a typo) and 16MB RAM.  I haven't
run anything newer than about 3.8 or 3.9 on it, but it worked fine
then, including the install.  I'm sure I've posted in more detail
about it before -- check the archives.  Heck, I even ran X on it as a
"see if it works" thing, but it wasn't good for anything more than
opening a couple xterms.

The reason I abandoned it is that when faster connections became
available, the CPU couldn't keep up.  It would only pass about 2Mbit
of traffic before the interrupts from the ethernet cards (16-bit
PCMCIA, essentially ISA) consumed 90% CPU.