Andrew Daugherity escreveu:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:00 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I've searched the FAQ and the Web for any guidance on what the minimum RAM
>> is for OpenBSD, with and without X.
>>
>> I just acquired a Compaq Armada 1125 laptop that maxes out at 24 MB of
>> RAM, and I'm wondering whether or not it's feasible to run OpenBSD on it.
>>

> My router for several years was an IBM "PS/2E", model 9533 with a
> 50MHz 486 SLC2 + 25MHz 387SX FPU(not a typo) and 16MB RAM.  I haven't
> run anything newer than about 3.8 or 3.9 on it, but it worked fine
> then, including the install.  I'm sure I've posted in more detail
> about it before -- check the archives.  Heck, I even ran X on it as a
> "see if it works" thing, but it wasn't good for anything more than
> opening a couple xterms.
>
> The reason I abandoned it is that when faster connections became
> available, the CPU couldn't keep up.  It would only pass about 2Mbit
> of traffic before the interrupts from the ethernet cards (16-bit
> PCMCIA, essentially ISA) consumed 90% CPU.

Almost the same with me but, in my case, the machine was a pentium
133Mhz with 64MB of memory. But i was doing QoS. My advice: Don't use
qos on limited hardware machines with ISA Network Cards. Simply don't
use. It will, sometime, consume all cpu. It's not even memory the
problem, it's CPU. And my connection wasn't that fast. But it's
interesting to listen about these experiences.

--
Giancarlo Razzolini
http://lock.razzolini.adm.br