Ted Unangst wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:12 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To all who opposed the suggestion to send one block of data
when the <Enter> key is pressed: my suggestion strictly referred
to the login procedure, not to the later data communication. I did
not mention this because I thought it was clear from the context
of the original poster who
has expressively mentioned "passwords". You may want to reconsider the
suggestion in this light.

That's what ssh already does.

when will the uninformed people finally start making silly comments about the perceived problem here?

i heard that ssh will be endpoint-surveillance-proof with the next release, thanks to the tinfoil hat diff that is currently being tested. haven't seen it committed yet...