On Sep 12, 2008, at 7:02 AM, Kevin Neff wrote:

Thanks for all the comments. I think we're all pretty much on the same
page.

First order of business is to look at how much of a weakness this may be. Then, implement several potential solutions. Finally, test to see if the
"fixes" improved the situation.

Sorry, I'm finally at my real mail client. It's not a "real" vulnerability, imho. Merely a way to time and attack the individual keystrokes. I suspect you could ID individual users, if not figure out passwords, etc.

If you're that concerned about your ssh session, multiplex the tunnel and have an expect script randomly execute remote commands through it. Your interactive shell will be the "real" session, with expect throwing interactive "noise." No real additional setup required, just using multiplexed tunneling in ssh(1)