On Sunday 14 September 2008, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2008-09-14, J.C. Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In the UK, it seems there's such a law.
> >
> > Page 1:
> > http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0,39024665,39282266,00.htm Page
> > 2:
> > http://networks.silicon.com/silicon/networks/mobile/0,39024665,3928
> >2266-2,00.htm
> >
> > "The team cracks low-grade encryption using 100 quad-core PCs but
> > for high-grade encryption it relies on the threat of a prison
> > sentence for individuals refusing to hand over passwords or
> > decrypted files."
> >
> > Unfortunately, the article does not mention of the specific law(s)
> > used for said threats.
>
> that would be part III of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers
> Act 2000, as amended by the Terrorism Act 2006
>
> Your favourite search engine should pick up a few references..

Thanks Stuart!

I've recently been working on a global list of anti-fraud and
anti-corruption government and non-government organizations but the
toughest part is of course finding all the relevant statutes across
language barriers and international borders. Luckily, I have some help
on the legal research side of it.

-JCR