On 2008/10/5, Philip Guenther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [In the context of pkg_info only downloading the first part of a
> package to get the info]
>
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Slim Joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Also I think it would be nice if the packages are dumped
>> not into the present directory but in the $PKG_CACHE that
>> I have set.
>
> pkg_add does that (assuming you actually export PKG_CACHE),
> but I don't see why pkg_info would, given that it expects
> to only download the start of the package file and not the
> entire thing.  Leaving partial package files in your cache
> would be confusing, IMO.
>
> (Or did I misunderstand your suggestion?)

Does the pkg install mechanism allow for resumable downloads? Up
to now I've managed to finish all my installs in one run. But
I assume resuming is possible, since pkg_add uses plain ftp
to download the package tgz. It would then save bandwidth
if pkg_add resumes from the partial download already made
by pkg_info.