Christophe Rioux wrote:
I had some similar issue on the HP DL 120 G5.

Solution is: desactivate the RAID controler in the BIOS. If you need the use
some raid, use raidctl which is working again in version 4.4

This server has only some kind of built-in raid which I suppose is of the software-raid type. However it already was, and still is, disabled in the bios. The BIOS settings are: Compatible/IDE, Enhanced/IDE or Enhanced/RAID. I cannot swear I tested Enhanced/RAID but I wouldn't bet any money on that being the working combo... :-d

I'm going to try upgrading the BIOS firmware (there was some update regarding newer intel CPUs; dont know if it applies to the Xeon E5420 but I suppose they wouldn't ship a machine with that processor with a non-working BIOS). Could be worth testing though.

Anyway, thanks and don't hesitate to mention anything I might have missed.

/Alexander