On 08-11-06 14.44, Alexander Hall wrote:
Hi!

I have issues booting a HP ProLiant DL180 G5 ("456830-421") [1] which I
hope someone can shed some light on.

[ While writing thie email I've done some more testing and realized
that the behaviour is not really consistent, but what I describe
below is a typical case ]

1. The machine takes loong pauses (usually two; sometimes more) while
   - The first long pause is after "entry point at ..." line,
     and is about 90s. [noticed now that pressing any key on the
     keyboard makes it go on... interrupt issues?]

See if the BIOS have an option to disable "8042 Emulation". That cured the "entry point" hang for me on a DL140 G3 system.

/Johan