Hello Danial,

Sunday, December 14, 2008, 6:06:12 PM, you wrote:

D> The remote tunnel endpoint expects traffic originating from
D> a specific ip address - the internal ip of the firewall.

>> I have a tunnel successfully set up between my OpenBSD 3.8
>> and a Cisco 7200 router.
>> There are ACLs on the $remote_gw which only allow traffic
>> NATed with my $int_if ip. Hence this nat in pf.conf:
>> nat on enc0 inet from $int_net to $remote_host -> $int_if
>> What I CAN do is ping the $remote_host through the tunnel
>> from the $int_if with the following command:
>> # ping -I $int_if $remote_host
>>
>> This works and replies are received!
>>

>> But if if try pinging from the $internal_host:
>> c:\> ping $remote_host
>>
>> This doesn't work. The packets are not sent through the
>> tunnel but to the internet.

  I have a working tunnel like yours. May be there is a way to do it
"right", but I haven't found one. But here is a workaround:

  Your tunnel is probably host-to-host - don't change it, but add an
additional network-to-host one. That "dummy" tunnel wont actually transfer
anything, but will route packets from your internal network to enc0, than
your nat rule will change it and everything should work.

--
Best regards,
 Boris                            mailto:bo...@twopoint.com