On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, BadMagic wrote:
On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 02:01:03PM +0100, Dorian B?ttner wrote:
is there an easy way to fetch a package along with it's recursive
dependencies? Scenario is:
eee904ha does not have network access at all right now. In order to
proceed installing useful things, let's say firefox, I'd like to suck
packages onto a usb stick and installl from there.
I thought I could go to the soekris box, which unfortunately isn't that
-current, and do something like pkg_add -n mozilla -firefox,  but the
output is totally garbled with libc mismatches and things like that.

Set the PKG_PATH env variable. Then, if a particular package can't be
found, the directories in the PKG_PATH are searched. That way, you can
stick the ftp server in there and if the package isn't installed already
or in a local dir, it'll fetch it from the ftp site.

You can stick it in your ~/.bashrc, ~/.cshrc whatever.

It's colon delimited and each dir/path needs to be terminated with a '/'
like:

export
PKG_PATH=./:/packages/:ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.4/packages/i386/

Hope this helps.

No, this won't help. Dorian stated clearly that there is no network connection available on the host he will install the packages on.

He could use the output of "make print-run-depends" for each port he would like to install and fetch those packages. But this would require another computer with -current and an installed ports tree. Not an option if I read the OP correctly.

Kind regards,
  Markus