hmm, on Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 06:44:25PM +0100, Jesus Sanchez said that
> On windows, formated as FAT32, the copy of 1,2 GB took
> about 6 minutes, so it's about 3.41 MB/s, that's more than USB1.1 speed
> (I think) but in OpenBSD 4.4 I have 1.5 MB/s speed. I will attach dmesg
> as soon as possible.

for many devices 1.5 MB/s is already USB2.  e.g. my mp3 player.

i am not familiar with the windows caching mechanism but it
might be finishing up the copying after the progress bar has
already finished.  linux plays that ugly game.  everything
is copied lightningly fast only to discover that umount takes
minutes until the caches is written out in the real world.

have you clocked the openbsd transfer?  it is not in your email
6min windows vs ? min openbsd?

-f
--
golf is a good walk spoiled.