Hello,

I think I have this problem since OpenBSD 4.2 release
till now 4.4 current.
I have a problem with the shutdown process.
When I do run several programs firefox and/or gimp for example
and make a shutdown than the system hangs on "syncing discs..."
The computer do nothing. There is no disc-activity.
I only could press the power switch to power down the machine.
In the follow boot process OpenBSD starts checking the disks with fsck.

I have the problem even when I restart X with the [ctl]+[Alt]+[backspace] key combination.

When I close all running programs before typing "halt -p" to the xterm, then everything is fine and before the machine turn off, its printing "syncing discs...done".

I have the problem on all my three OpenBSD machines.
All machines do run Current.

thanks for any help.
Jan