Jacob Meuser wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:52:06AM -0600, Chris Bennett wrote:
I'm having problems with the new snapshots of 4.5 beta

KDE is very slow to close and I'm having audio problems.
Some apps fail to work at all like kaboodle and noatun
Juk works but later crashes

I get

fifo_audio_out audio_buffer_underrun

endlessly scrolling when I get back to console

Is there something I need to do or just wait for these problems to get fixed?
Chris Bennett

are you using artsd?  are you using aucat?  how are you starting kde?
what arch?

Yes, artsd shows up in ps, don't know how to get rid of that.
Had a suggestion to use aucat

have you tried running 'aucat -l&' prior to starting
kde in .xsession?

Something like this:

if ! [ "$(pgrep aucat)" ]; then
        sh -c "aucat -l &"
fi

That didn't seem to work.
Will try running sh -c "aucat -l &"

Then startkde. should I disable the sound system in KDE?

I start kde with $ startkde

i386 arch

Thanks

  -- Robert Heinlein