You've already said what needs to be said, don't save-and-open email attachments, even if you know and trust the sender, etc.

It's a pretty interesting article. The autostart file he mentions does seem to be a bit inviting. Mind you, it's not really hard to check the contents of the autostart file, though. I'd be willing to bet there's even a frontend to it.

Shagbag OpenBSD wrote:
Did anyone else read the article
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/foobar/6229#compact ?
Does anyone have a view on it (other than the obvious ones: "security is a
process not a product" and "don't save-and-open unfamiliar e-mail
attachments")?

P.S. have I posted this in the right list (I'm still new to mailing lists)?