On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Jean-Francois <jfsimon1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I actually built the following system :
>
> - OpenBSD running on a standard AMD platform
> - This box is actually used as firewall
> - This box is also used as webserver
> - This box is finally used as local shared drives via NFS file but only
> open to subnetwork through PF
>
> Assuming that subnetwork computers might be hacked or infected by any
> threat
> Assuming that there is no mistake in PF rules
> Assuming that there is nothing of a third party installed on the box
> (basically it's only a tuned system)
>
> -> Would you please confirm that hacking is almost impossible ?

We would never do that. It'd be stupid to think that hacking this machine is
almost impossible. There exists no unhackable or unbreakable software, not
even OpenBSD.

> -> Would you confirm any personnal datas hosted on server are safe as
> long as the (subnet is not compromised by false manipulation of course)

Never, because you are running a Web server on the machine, and possibly an
SSH server and lots of code that might contain security holes.

--
http://www.felipe-alfaro.org/blog/disclaimer/