- Tethys wrote:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us> wrote:
because it is.

And therein lies some of the problem with the OpenBSD community. Don't
get me wrong, I like OpenBSD, I use it, and have donated to the
project. But here we have a user that has security concerns, and
rather than either admit there's a problem or point out why there's no
security hole, the answer given is just that it's secure "because it
is". That wouldn't fill me with confidence if I was looking to deploy
an OpenBSD system. I'm worried that some are getting complacent about
OpenBSD's security here...

Maybe it's a troll. Maybe not. Can we afford to be turning away
potential users on the off chance?

Tet

I agree with your standpoint