On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM, - Tethys <tet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And therein lies some of the problem with the OpenBSD community. Don't
> get me wrong, I like OpenBSD, I use it, and have donated to the

Depends on whether it is a valid concern.  I believe it was pointed
out in the other thread that the patch doesn't really help.  Think
about it - do you want an openssh that only half secures your session?
 OpenBSD is about complete security, but also, at the same time, about
the resources to do things.  If this is something that is a real
issue, a developer would have jumped on it.  Maybe they still would.
But coming in and flaming the developers for "you say you're so
secure, but this is proof that you're not" surely doesn't help.

> is". That wouldn't fill me with confidence if I was looking to deploy
> an OpenBSD system. I'm worried that some are getting complacent about
> OpenBSD's security here...
>
> Maybe it's a troll. Maybe not. Can we afford to be turning away
> potential users on the off chance?

OpenBSD exists solely for the developers...  [and yes, I'm a figment
of my imagination]

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk