This doesn't seem reasonable to me, I understand there can be a
variety of subtleties and points of view, but either the guy is in
arrears on his payments to the project or he isn't, does he really
have a story that involves him not having received any product for
which he has not remitted payment?

--
 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.