At 02:46 PM 3/27/2009 -0500, John Brooks wrote:
I've just received this response from a large corporate email
system regarding their claim that emails sent to them are not
getting through even though our logs contain acknowledgements
of accepting the mail sent.

Must be a legal firm? Can't think of any other type of 'corporate email' that would be run by idiots.

Their response:
... "my understanding of the <firmname removed> security policy
is not to acknowledge mistakes in email addresses as a best
practice defense against phishing and other types of email
delivered attacks."

Don't see any valid logic - only a lawyer could come with that sort of BS. No SPAMmer is going to read an error message, so that only senders that would annoy are ones getting invalid receipts [like yours].

        Lee