that was the entire point of my original post, they
strip out their queue id from their acknowledgment
for "security reasons", and then "accept all mail"
including bogus recipients.

I was curious if this practice is very widespread
or not.

--
John Brooks
j...@day-light.com

> In our mail logs:
> ... status=sent (250 Message accepted for delivery)

if you use postfix, you have actually left out the most
important part of the evidence:

(250 2.0.0 n25NkVbE028681 Message accepted for delivery)

the queue "number".  using this number it is very
easy to look for "lost" mail.

you must do what everyone does in cases like this:
escalate like hell.

-f
--
"fishing, stranger?"  "no, just drowning worms."