On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:32:41 +0100 "Chris Harries"
<ch...@sharescope.co.uk> wrote:

> Thank you for your time.
>
> This I did find weird, wondering why on this guide, it is setting B
> to RAID and not swap...on boot it does say it cannot find swap but
> this guide did come recommended...
>
> It says
>
> A: 144522 4.2BSD (this is the 64MB drive to boot off
> B: 1953375480 RAID (this is the RAID data partition
> C: 1953523055 UNUSED
>
> I am guessing you meant wd0 and wd1, the guide suggested making wd2
> as the fake device as I am creating the install on wd0, putting over
> to wd1 then booting to wd1 and initializing wd0 again and create the
> raid, in a very cut way to explain it
>
> Chris

No. I meant what I said. You have wd1b and wd2b clearly stated in your
config file, "/root/raid0.conf". Unless you've already disklabel'd
the wd1 and wd2 disks to have a 'b' partition, then something is
terribly wrong.

There is a very good reason why many people around here have a bad view
of "how-to" documents. Theses supposed "how-to" documents you find on
the web are often completely wrong. OpenBSD strives to have accurate and
useful documentation in it's manuals. You should always start by reading
the OpenBSD manuals first.

        $ man raidctl

If you *only* want to do RAID 1 (mirroring), and you are not booting
to the volume, you might be better off looking at `man softraid` --This
is the new RAID functionality being built into OpenBSD. Using softraid
will save you from building a custom kernel with RAIDframe support,
but be sure to read the CAVEATS section of the softraid man page to make
sure softraid fits your needs.

--
J.C. Roberts