All typoes checked. Now correct...finally,

Apologies

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Harries [mailto:ch...@sharescope.co.uk]
Sent: 02 April 2009 14:07
To: 'Alexis de BRUYN'
Subject: RE: raidctl -vF component0 raid0

Afternoon,

Well on an i386 system with 2 x 1 TB Seagate hard drives, I generally follow
this method from what I know and have learnt:

Install 4.4 i386 on to sd0
Reboot

Patch source tree to 4.4 PATCH:
cd /usr/src
mount /dev/cd0a /mnt
tar -zxvpf /mnt/src.tar.gz -C /usr/src ./sys
umount /mnt
cvs -qd anon...@anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org:/cvs get -rOPENBSD_4_4 -P src

Create new kernel with patches:
cd /usr/src
cvs -d anon...@anoncvs.uk.openbsd.org:/cvs up -Pd
make -k cleandir
rm -rf /usr/obj/*
make obj

cd /usr/src/etc/mtree
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 660 special /etc/mtree
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 4.4BSD.dist /etc/mtree
mtree -qdef /etc/mtree/4.4BSD.dist -p / -u
cd /usr/src/etc
env DESTDIR=/ make distrib-dirs

cd /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc64/conf/
config GENERIC
cd ../compile/GENERIC
make clean && make depend && make
cp /bsd /bsd.old
cp bsd /bsd
chown root:wheel /bsd
reboot

cd /usr/src/
make build
cd /dev
cp /usr/src/etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV ./
./MAKEDEV all

Sysmerge
reboot

Now we have a full patched system, add raidframe:
cd /sys/arch/i386/conf
cat >> GENERIC.RAID << EOF
include "arch/'uname -m'/conf/GENERIC
option RAID_AUTOCONFIG
pseudo-device raid 4
EOF

Re-create the kernel with patches and raidframe:
config GENERIC.RAID
cd ../compile/GENERIC.RAID
make clean depend && make
cp /bsd /bsd.noraid
install -o root -g wheel -m 644 bsd /

Test it boots ok, no problems. Now on to raidframe:
fdisk -i sd1
(Yes to the MBR question)

disklabel -E sd1
Create 512mb A: 4.2BSD
Create *(rest of space) D: RAID

Create new filesystem and mount:
newfs sd1a
mount /dev/sd1a /mnt
cp /bsd /usr/mdec/boot /mnt
/usr/mdec/installboot -v /mnt/boot /usr/mdec/biosboot sd1
umount /mnt

Create raid0.conf
cat >> /root/raid0.conf << EOF
START array
1 2 0

START disks
/dev/sd2d
/dev/sd1d

START layout
128 1 1 1

START queue
fifo 100
EOF

raidctl -C /root/raid0.conf raid0
raidctl -I 0904020 (the date) raid0

Check and add arrays:
raidctl -s raid0
raidctl -A root raid0

At this point, everything seams as expected

Create radi0's partitions:
Disklabel -E raid0