Ingo Schwarze wrote:
Hi misc@,

some days ago, i publicly asked Wim to tell me what he did with the
donation i sent him via IBAN for the OpenBSD project, whether he kept
it or whether he passed it on to the project, see the posting included
below.

--8<--

The posting cited below started a private communication involving Wim
and myself and consisting of several mails.  Since it was a private
communication, i'm not going to publish any details, but i feel that i
should provide a rough summary to the list, regarding the central
question where the particular donation money went that i sent via IBAN
to Belgium in October 2007.

Since I heard of Ingo doing this, I mailed Wim to ask about the money we sent via him from the 2006 and 2007 Slackathon fund-raiser/conferences in Sweden. More or less the same story for me, I wont go into details, but the general outline is like this:

First the money was all sent to Theo according to Wim, then I asked if I could get a refund, given the fact that since so little money went from Europe to Theo, it would almost be only my fundraiser money during the last two years or other european donations, but not both at the same time. Wim agreed to a refund, and I got 6500 EUR back, which will be handed over to OpenBSD on the f2k9 mini-hackathon.

I know far too little about accounting or legal details to know if something was fishy here or not, or from where the money did come that was returned to me.

I am thankful my fundraiser cash can now reach the final destination and Wim did not give me a hard time either during this time, when I figure his stress levels might have been peaking.

So all in all, another ~6500 EUR that will reach OpenBSD from Sweden, to add to the list.