2009/4/16 Bob Beck <b...@obtuse.com>:
>> I have a t5xxx also and want to do the same, but if I use usb flash (tried
>> and worked fine), how to limit at max disk writes ? so the flash can live
>> longer ...
>
> Please let me know if you find an answer to this question. I have all these
> openbsd machines booking off hard drives, and I'm trying to find a way to
> limit the writes, so my hard drives can live longer.

Mounting things like /tmp on large ramdisks and using generous
write-behind caching?

It may not make your machine any quicker, or save you any money, or
make things easier to administer, or decrease the risk of data loss;
in fact it may do the opposite; but then, you didn't ask about any of
these points...  :-P

It's probably always possible to somewhat improve a single metric if
you ignore the potentially catastrophic impact on everything else. ;-)